Collecting your personal data
What personal data do we collect
When you purchase a DevoonSounds product in our webshop or indicate that you wish to receive messages from us, we ask you to provide certain personal data.
These personal data can be:
• Your contact information, including name, email, telephone number and physical address;
• Personal characteristics, including gender and date of birth;
• Your payment details;
• Your credit card information that we receive anonymously from our payment service providers;
• Your personal preferences such as marketing and cookie choices;
Personal data may also be collected when you use www.Devoonsounds.com and such data may be passed on to us through the technology platforms that provide the service to you. For example, your internet browser or mobile devices may share certain information with us because these devices interact with www.Devoonsounds.com. More information about this can be found later in the section on cookies. This data includes:
• Device IDs, location data, browser, network provider, operating system, screen resolution and the support of web techniques in your browser such as flash and java
• Cookies, IP addresses, data identifying your internet browsers and their version, and web beacons and tags
• If you visit Devoonsounds.com on your smartphone, we also receive information about the make and model of your smartphone, input method (e.g. touchscreen) and active operating system
Your influence on this
Processing your personal data
Why and how we process your personal data
We use the personal data we collect from you for the following purposes:
• To provide the products and services you require: when you use www.Devoonsounds.com, we will use your data to provide you with the product you have selected and to provide you with a warranty.
• For the business operations of Devoonsounds: we can use the information you provide if necessary for our business operations. For example, if you make a purchase, we may use the information for our accounting.
• For general research and analytical purposes: we process data about how our visitors use our website to better understand customer behaviour and preferences. For example, we collect geographic data because we want to know where in the world Devoonsounds is popular. Technical information is useful to us because we want to constantly improve our website, for example, to ensure that the website works on all possible devices.
• For other purposes: we can also use your personal data in other ways and in this case, will provide you with specific information about this and, where necessary, ask for your permission to do so.
We always process your personal data on a legal basis. The legal bases we use are:
• The processing is necessary for the promotion of our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests include being able to carry out the above purposes.
• The processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party;
• You have given permission for the processing of your personal data.
Sharing your personal data
• Devoonsounds prefers not to share your personal data with third parties. If that does happen, it is for a specific reason. This concerns:
• Third-party service providers that process personal data on behalf of Devoonsounds, for example for the processing of credit card and payment data.
• Other third parties to the extent necessary to (i) grant government requests and court orders or comply with applicable laws; (ii) prevent the illegal use of our website, (iii) defend ourselves against claims from third parties; and (iv) assist in fraud prevention or fraud investigations (eg counterfeiting).
• Other third parties: for marketing purposes.
Protecting your personal data
Protection and management of your personal data
• Encryption & Security: We do our best to process and store your data securely. We use various technical and organizational security measures
for this, including encryption and means of authentication. Your personal data is processed and stored on systems behind secure networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons with special access rights to these systems.
• Retention of your data: We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collect it, except when required otherwise by law.
• Your rights with regard to your personal data: You have the right to access your data, to transfer data and to limit, amend or delete that data if the data stored by us is incorrect or unlawful. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data; in particular, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of marketing that is addressed directly to you. In cases where we have obtained your specific consent for the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw your consent. You can reach us about the foregoing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, if you consider there are reasons to do so, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority regarding the processing of personal data by us concerning you.
When you use our website, Devoonsounds receives and stores information from your browser. We use various methods, such as cookies, to collect this information, which may contain the following (personal) data: (i) IP address; (ii) unique cookie code, cookie information and information whether or not your device is equipped with software that provides access to certain functions; (iii) unique ID, device type and screen resolution; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) information about your interaction with our site, such as click behaviour, purchases and stated preferences, (viii) access times and referring URLs.
In general, there are three categories of cookies we use on our website:
• Functional: These cookies are necessary for the basic functionalities of www.Devoonsounds.com and are therefore always enabled. This category includes cookies that enable the shopping cart and check-out process, assist with security issues and with regulatory compliance.
• Analytical: These cookies allow us to improve the functionality of our website by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies allow us to process your request more quickly and allow us to remember the
• We can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen;
• We can keep track of how often you have already seen an advertisement;
• We can prevent you from always seeing the same ad;
• We can keep track of whether you click on the advertisements;
• We can keep track of whether you place orders after you have seen or clicked on an advertisement;
• We can combine your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour regardless of which device you use;
• By combining these characteristics, we estimate your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements that we show to you in our webshop and on third-party websites.
Advertising networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for webshops and advertisers. The marketing cookies of these parties make it possible that:
• We can show you advertisements from third parties;
• Our advertising partners can combine your preferences at www.Devoonsounds.com with the information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for marketing purposes, please refer to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements can change regularly, we recommend that you regularly consult these privacy and cookie statements. The following parties place cookies and/or other techniques via our webshop.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please www.allaboutcookies.org attend.
Changes to our Privacy & Cookies Policy
Questions and requests